Week #33 - Wine Country


Let's start with a story. Wind starts blowing super hard and some big scary clouds are getting closer so to be safe, my comp and I start going closer to the apartment. It starts raining. Then it starts raining really hard. Luckily, out of the corner of our eyes we see these people signaling at us to enter their house. We go in very quickly. It starts raining super hard. The power goes out for like 5 minutes. We share my companions family history pamphlet that he has been working on and that is really cool. It was cool because they actually found out that us missionaries have families and lives. We then taught them a short lesson. That was just a really cool experience. The people who were there were both named Teresa.

The harvest of grapes is getting really big now. Everyone just leaves their houses for like all day, but when we visit people and they just give us giant bundles of grapes. We have been gifted like 5 giant bundles of delicious freshly picked grapes in the last like week and a half. If i get one this week, I will send a picture next week. It's crazy.

This week I have been reading in Mosiah this week. Abinadi just straight up drops the truth on the bad political leaders of Zarahemla, then they just kill him with fire. He is a hero for standing up for what he believed in, even until death. Pretty brutal story, but still cool.

I like Mosiah 16: 6, 9.

And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.

He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

Cool scriptures.

Thanks for reading everyone.

-Elder Murphy

Below I have some photos of me in my area with a tiny dog, and my comp.
I also got a picture with my district, Then a picture with a few missionaries as we ate Peruvian food today.​

Comments

Popular Posts