Week #34 - Blood, Sweat and Tears


You know you have a crazy day when it involves blood, sweat and tears. First off, flash back to the District meeting from the week before. We had to do it outside because we didn't have keys to the church and I got DESTROYED by mosquitoes. One day, I scratched one of them really hard (I know that's not good) and it started bleeding :(. Every day in Argentine summers involves sweat. Then I cried for a minute. I don't do it often but sometimes you gotta let it out. Though there wasn't much blood or tears, I had a day that involved blood, sweat and tears. Woohoo! The end of that day we found an awesome investigator that made it all worth it, named Franco.

There are so many people named Franco here in tres porteñas. We taught a family named the Franco family, we have an investigator named Franco. We have an active member and a menos activo named Franco. For an area as small as 3 xTeñas, we really know a lot of Francos.

This week I made lots of popcorn. Its super cheap here. Every friday you can go to the Tres Porteñas Fair and buy like a weeks worth of popcorn for 25 pesos. It's pretty sweet. You put a little bit of salt and lemon juice and its sooooo goood.

I had a good time reading this week in the Book of Mormon. Before my mission I thought the book of mormon was just a doctrine book, so whenever I read anything about a story I didn't pay that much attention. But now, that has changed. I was reading in Mosiah 21 today and it was just a cool story. A King sends out a troop to find out if the Nephites are still alive. They find this barren wasteland full of bones and think the Nephites just died. But then they find a ton of plates writing about an ancient record of the Jaredites. Just a super cool story that would make a good movie. I find myself reading in the book of mormon and think, wow, these stories are actually super cool.


My photos just decided to not send this week, so, uhhhhhhhhhhh......  Hopfully next week?

-Elder Murphy!!!!!








Comments

Popular Posts