Week #35 - Season 1 Finale


Whelp.

Here we are, in the Season 1 finale. Basically what's happening is that I have to go home for 6 weeks from the mission because of a medical problem. It's a super gross medical issue that needs to be fixed with a quick surgery. If you really want to know what the medical problem is, you can email me and I will tell you, but its gross and not fun. Don't worry about me. I already have plans to come back out shortly after, and start season 2. That's the important thing. Alright. So if you wonder why I don't send emails for 6ish weeks, that's why.

This week was pretty uninteresting. I got the world's most insane bug bites. I actually started using bug spray this week and that really kept the amount of mosquito bites down, but there is one huge problem that came with the bug spray. Supposedly the paint that they use on our missionary name tags gets wiped off when it gets in contact with bug spray. Any other spray, nothing happens, but bug spray just completely wipes it away. I will have to get a new name tag when I come back.

One crazy thing that we have to do in this area is teach Old Testament gospel doctrine class every week, in Spanish. Teaching basic gospel principles is something I do all of the time, but I will tell you that explaining the Abrahamic covenant in Spanish is just not an easy task. It's frustrating but also kind of fun. It is kind of stressful but also just a really funny story for after the mission.

My favorite part of what we have taught in our class was the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham is trying to save this city from being destroyed, then god says that there wasn't even a single good person and that it had to be destroyed. Crazy story. I like the difference between Lot and the people that were listing to the talk of King Benjamin. Lot put his store towards Sodom and Gomorrah, the worst cities in the world, and puts himself in a bad situation. The followers of King Benjamin face their stores towards the Temple. I like this comparison that the Old Testament teaching manual makes. We should always put our sight towards the temple.

That's all for this week folks. I might write 1 more time but if I don't, see you in like a month and a half!

-Elder Murphy






Comments

Popular Posts