Week #45 - Wing Wednesday


What's going on guys?

This week is a long letter so buckle up.

This was a very eventful week looking back on it.

It started out with the news on Monday that I am probably gonna leave the offices next transfer, then I will go to the field like a normal missionary. Though it is fun being in the offices, this would be a good change for me.

I really hope I go to San Juan.

In our mission we have Mendoza, the big city province, San Luis, the low population libertarian province, and San Juan, the hot province. Y'all reading this are probably going into the summer, but down here on the southern hemisphere, we're going into the winter. This is the best time to go to San Juan. I want to get to know at least 2 of the 3 provinces before leaving the mission.



P-days in the big city are awesome. You get to eat at fancy restaurants, you get to go to the Stake Center and play soccer with a lot of other missionaries, you can go to fast internet cafes. One time I went to the art museum. You can pretty much do anything here. The city has a downtown Portland-esque vibe to it and it's awesome.

On Wednesday we went to this American restaurant called Fidelitos after some people had interviews with the president. They have a (kind of) unlimited wings promo for 250 pesos. Its very expensive but definitely worth doing it every once and a while. The wings are absolutely amazing, its like buffalo wild wings but with less flavors and less heat.

On Saturday we did this activity with all of the young men and women in the city of Mendoza who are thinking about going on a mission, called "MTC for a day." They pretty much dressed up, took classes from return missionaries, then went out and preached on the street with us for 2 hours. It was a special experience. I was with these 2 guys from Maipú and Luján. They were like 17 and 20 years old. The guy who was 20 had his mission papers in and was waiting for his call. They don´t do this every day like me, so they had this excitement for the work that I haven't had for a long time. They made me inspired to be more excited about the work. The youth here in Mendoza are super impressive. They have such strong testimonies. There were over 100 youth and young adults there. We received 146 referrals for the mission/world, so as mission historian I have a lot of work to do.

I got 2 calls from Salt Lake this week telling me how to do my job (it helped a ton) and telling me how bad our mission is at contacting electronic references. To be fair, it is very hard here. A lot of the mission doesn't have a street name/number, making it hard to contact references. This week I am gonna do a training at our zone conference on how it's done in front of 100+ missionaries.

Yesterday was the special day. Of course we went to church, then made some mediocre spaghetti afterwards, but then all of the missionaries got to talk to their parents. Since I was home like 3 weeks ago, It wasn't super hard to call my parents. It sure was fun though. Afterwards, something really special happened. My companion was out doing something with another missionary while I was at the office and met this homeless guy on the street. They talked for a bit then my companion invited him into the offices. We talked to him for like 2 hours and then after explaining prayer, he told us that he had prayed in his heart without knowing it then my companion, Elder Tew showed up and talked to him. We brought him to the local ex-bishops house and he found him a place to sleep and gave him some food, advice and a blessing. We were out until like 11:30 doing this but it was all worth it in the end. He really wants to progress in the church and we helped him out a ton.

It was a pretty cool week. Not much else to say. It's pretty eventful here in the offices.




Comments

Popular Posts